Sunday, March 4, 2012

Elder Fitch: January 16, 2012

Well....I'm over the hill.....it blows my mind. The last year went by so fast! From what I've heard too is that the first year is the slow year. So I might just be waking up in my own bed one of these days. My Year mark was pretty uneventful. We didn't really do anything. We did go to Anncey for a meeting, that was cool. Other than that it was just a normal day!
This week was just fast. We went down to Valence on tuesday and then the rest of the way down to Marseille on Wednesday morning. That was pretty cool. Marseille feels a lot like San Fran. It was a beautiful day and we got to walk down to the old port where theres lots of boats. At the moment they were having a fish market and let me tell you it was the craziest one I'd ever seen. EVERYTHING was still alive! I'm going to include a picture of one of the tables and it is all alive. eels, octopus, all kinds of wierd fish, you name it. It was cool though. That was good to get my passport stuff taken care of.
It's been sunny, but super super freezing! BEAUTIFUL though! We did a few service activities, one where my chainsaw skills came in handy again, the other was digging holes and planting fruit trees on the side of the mountain which was sick! I loved it.
We don't have many people we are teaching right now, but we do have one that is engaged for baptism named Odile. She is awesome and loves everything about the church and the gospel, she just has commitment issues.
OH I totally forgot to tell you guys that I ate frog legs! There was a member that prepared frog legs for us and I ate them, it was actually really good I recomend it.
I love it here, it is just super great! I love being a missionary!
Well I Love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week!




Mark

No comments: