Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sister Fitch: November 21, 2011

So, transfer calls came and Sister Rodriguez and I are both staying put!  There were a lot of surprises this transfer.  Okay, only one really--that is that there were almost NO changes in the whole mission.  In the entire mission, only six (maybe it was eight...) teams changed.  Hardly anything!  I'm happy to stay.  This area is pushing me way, way, WAY out of my comfort zone, and it's....amazing.  Exactly what I need. 
 
It's been a good week--I felt like there was no time for anything, but at the same time, I'm not sure a lot got done...one of those funky things.  But we watched the Joseph Smith movie with Pauline, our investigator who is getting baptized next week, and when it was over, she just...cried.  She was amazed at how much the early saints went through to make sure that the restored church became everything God promised them it would become.  She was very, very touched.  I've been thinking a lot about the early saints lately.  Maybe because sometimes I feel a little like them--out numbered, often made fun of or looked down on.  I've even been kicked out of places for what I'm doing.  Not like them, but by their example I'm learning what it means to have resilient faith, no matter the circumstances.  Anyway, Pauline is incredible, and I'm super excited for her baptism.  Another miracle this week was that I got a letter from Pasquale.  I think I told you about him--he's the less active return missionary we found in Ottawa while we were sitting on a random street corner being smurfed.  He moved back home to Thunderbay just before we left Ottawa.  Well.  In his letter, he said he's planning a temple trip with his bishop.  The turn-around in that boy is incredible.  I knew he'd come back to the church eventually, but I didn't think it would be so soon!  He even sent pictures--combed hair and a tie!!  No holey jeans and a messy mop of hair!  The gospel heals souls.  It CHANGES people, it helps them become the person God created themto be in the first place. 
 
So, yes.  Life is good.  I'm wearing jeans right now, and that makes me SO SO SO happy.  It doesn't happen often, especially since they've been telling us to wear our missionary clothes on p-day.  But today I'm wearing jeans!! Hooray!! 

No comments: