Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Elder Fitch: November 21, 2011

Hello!
 
So I will be joining the very exclusive club of missionaries that spend 4 transfers in tiny Montauban. Which for some it is rough, and I'm not going to lie, after my first transfer here the thought of staying for 4 was not a good one. Now that I'm here I've really grown to love Montauban. I'm very excited to be here for the holidays, the members here are seriously my french family. I thought, logically, that I would be leaving, and I was actually really bummed. No worries though! I'll be here at least till the end of the year. What's more too is I didn't feel like I had done everything I needed to here. I'm really super stoked for this next transfer! We're finally starting to see some results come from all our hard work.
 
We started teaching a family this week. They are from Slovakia and comunicating with them is a little hard sometimes. They have a son that is 14 and daughter that is 18 and they both speak french really well, so we do a lot of translating back and forth. It's so funny sometimes to realize that I'm comunicating in languages far from my own, translating things into french so that I understand, and not into english. English just kinda gets stuck in the corner. IT'S SWEET! I love speaking french. Anyway, this whole family, Slepcik is their name, came to church yesterday. They didn't understand everything, but they really liked it. They are just awesome and they very open to the spirit. They crack me up too, SO funny.
 
Well it's Thanksgiving this week, WOW. We will be going down to Toulouse for a turkey bowl with the other missionaries and then eating american stuff. THEN we will be going to the Van Tonders who will also be making us american stuff, cause they are the most american of the members. Sweet! I'm going to gain like 50 kilos! I want you all to know how thankful I am for each and everyone of you. You are everything to me. I love you even more then cereal.
 
love Mark

No comments: