Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sister Fitch: March 19, 2012

Last week was snow, this week was 20 degrees (translate to Fahrenheit...uh...50s maybe??) and sunshine.  I wanted to skip out on correlation to go for a Sunday walk, but...didn't.  Sigh.  Life is slowly but surely coming back to Canada.  Hallelujah.  So, this week my companion was super sick.  We made it to most of our appointments, but crashed before and after in order to have energy for them all.  So, not THE most productive week as far as missionary work goes, but not as bad as it could have been.  A good part of the mission is sick right now...I'm taking my vitamins and so far, no symptoms.  Thank goodness.  Lots of our investigators and members are sick too, so its been a little slow lately.  This week we had mission conference.  The mission is too big for all of us to be together, so we had three of the five zones in our session.  Elder Alan F. Packer of the 70 came to speak to us.  His dad is President Packer.  It was a bit of a fiasco getting there, but it all worked out and the conference was really interesting.  Afterwards, he wanted to interview a few of the missionaries to get a feel for the mission.  I was chosen as one of the interviewees.  It was super short, maybe three minutes, he asked me about three questions.  But, he asked me to tell you "thank you" from "the Brethren" for my (and I'll add Mark's) service.  So, there you have it!  Thank you!  Something I learned this week: Isaiah 55:8-9.  For my thoughts are not yourthoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.  It was meaningful to learn this week because it helped me understand that God has everything under control.  He will take care of the big things, and the small things, and its just up to us to trust and to ask.  Asking I've got down, trust is something I learned a little deeper this week.  Prayer works, but sometimes it requires us to be patient.  Anyway, transfer calls are this Saturday, but I think I'm staying put.  After all, I've been in this area for about four weeks is all.  But you never know!  Stay tuned :)  Love you all lots.
 
Han

No comments: