Sunday, April 8, 2012

Elder Fitch: March 26, 2012

DUh duh dun dun dun...and another one bites the dust. and another one gone and another one gone and another one bites the dust. duh duh dun dun dun..... 
WELL...another transfer bites the dust. I have now gone from single digit transfers to double and in a couple weeks I will go from double digit months left to single digit. This last transfer went by faster than two skinny muslim kids in there matching warm up suits on their whiny loud scooter with helmets only on half their heads. Meaning fast. Actually they're not that fast, but you see that a lot. 

This last week was pretty full. We had an exchange, we went to another city about an hour away, we had english class, we went to yet another city to visit a few members, we did some service in a members garden up on the side of the mountain, AND we found a porcupine. So between all that with the travel and everything we didn't have a lot of time but it was fill with walking the roads and searching for people that would listen to us. It was a pretty great week, yet we still have no solid amis. Whatev, no big deal. Seriously though I love it here! We have a great time. I did however hear something from someone that I have NEVER heard before my entire mission. We were heading back to our apartment on saturday night when we came across this little old lady. Often old french people are the meanest most bitter hateful people we meet, but lately my confidence in nice old ladies has grown. Anyway we stopped this lady and shared a little about how God had called a prophet who is livning today. She said she was catholic, no surprise there, but then said and agreed with us that the world was in a great need for a prophet and that that would be really important to know. she then agreed to meet this next week and reminded us she was catholic, but then said (and here's where she said what I have never heard before) "but what you say about prophet is interesting I AM INTERESTED in that" I was a little shocked. She was really nice and we'll see how that goes with her. 
WELL today starts a new transfer. I AM SUPER STOKED!! OH I forgot to say that there are no changes. Staying in Chambery with Elder Jensen. This transfer is going to rock though! Hurrah! 
I love you all and you are all in my prayers everyday!! CIAO! Bonne semaine!
Mark 

No comments: