Monday, August 29, 2011

Sister Fitch: August 22, 2011

MIRACLES HAPPEN!!!

hi everyone! 
This was a strange week, but if I had to sum it up, I would say MIRACLES HAPPEN!!! 
I'll get to the rest of the week, but Mark, your birthday was amazing.  Maybe Grandpa was helping out too or something, but it was amazing.  First of all, our Chinese investigator committed to baptism!  (He also called my companion and asked if I was single.  She said I'm on a mission so I can't date. he said he'd wait.  oh dear.)  Then we just had lots of good things happen, just "random" happy things.  We ate Etheopian food.  it was...strange.  Then, that night, BLAIR CALLED US!!!!  Blair, our xbox boy who got anti-ed by his friends!  We were so worried about him.  I thought for sure we'd never see him again.  I figured we were just freaking him out more with our calls and our texts.  But, we just couldn't seem to let him drop.  So, we sent him another text, told him we were worried about him, and sent  him a scripture that we hoped would help him remember how he felt the spirit.  He CALLED US!  not two minutes later.  He said he was sorry, he just needed some time to think.  He'd realized suddenly how much of a change he would be making in his life, and it sort of freaked him out.  He said he'd been ignoring us, and he was sorry.  OH MY GOODNESS!  He's out of town til the end of the month now, but he said he wants to see us AS SOON as he gets back.  I think we have our Blair back.  The relief and gratitude was...too much.  I went in the bathroom and cried, and cried, and CRIED.  Lots of thank you prayers.  He's just a little younger than Mark, and I'd got that big-sister attachment to him.  Getting him back was...oh so good.  God loves us. God loves him.  Heck, God loves everyone, and he SHOWS it.  So, that was by far the highlight of the week.
In other news, we spent Tuesday in Montreal.  Bleh.  The Island of Montreal is SO busy!  I felt like I was running the whole day.  The sister I spent the day with is going home next transfer, so she has got this missionary thing down pat.  And she is soaking up every moment she has left on the mission.  She's a hard worker, and is so sweet.  mark, she's from Geneva!  sister Tschumi.  anyway, we were on the metro and on foot.  I did some metro contacting, which had me totally freaked out, but wasn't so bad after all.  Actually, I like it better than bus contacting.  I don't like bus contacting at all.  I know, I know, if I don't like something I should probably do more of it so I'm better at it so I don't not like it so much.  yeah...make sense of that.  Anyway, it was good.  i got to use my french, and the crazy thing was, I actually spoke French!  and even on the noisy metro, I understood the french.  That was the gift of tongues, for sure.  It was really amazing.  I felt like I was speaking English.  But it was French. 
So, the other day we got lost on the bus system again.  I hate buses.  Rrrg.  Sometimes they are super convenient, and sometimes they are aweful.  And confusing.  We got lost for like two hours.  Rrrg.  Lame!  haaaa and then when we finally decided to just walk and not mess with them any more, we got caught in the rain.  It was...funny.  It was good.  it was a just reward--we had an appointment cancel that morning, and we didn't do a very good job filling the time with productive activities.  God is just, eh? 
Things are good here.  I love being on a mission.  I love Ottowa.  After being in Montreal especially, Ottowa feels clean and beautiful, and has a much more manageable pace.  Coming back in on the bus, I felt like I was coming home.  Ottowa is home for now. 
Transfers are this week, as you know from Mark--I am guessing I'll be here still with my trainer, but crazier things have happened, so...who knows!  Okay, gotta run.  I love you all, thanks for keeping me posted on life! 
oh wait!!  Remember Pasquale, the inactive rm who we ran into at the Mary festival?  He called us!!  AND, he got a place to live.  It's in Vanier.  WE live in Vanier!!  Crazy!!  So, we're going to go to lunch some time.  not in vanier, though.  Vanier is sketch.  Okay, i love you!!!!!!!!
Hanala

No comments: