Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sister Fitch: July 5, 2011

Bonjour tout le monde :) Je vous aime. 
 
I am grateful for a fantastic family that supports me.  I'm grateful for every piece of mail I get from you--thank you thank you thank you!!! 
 
I am grateful to be serving a mission "with" my brother.  Nothing compares. 
 
I am grateful for the priesthood.
 
I am grateful for a wonderful district that helps me grow and learn.
 
I am grateful for the spotlight that being on a mission puts on my weaknesses; what better place or time to turn them into strengths?
 
I am grateful for the Restoration of the Gospel.  It doesn't get much more miraculous or merciful than that.
 
I am grateful for my Patriarchal blessing and the amazing, wonderful grandpa that gave it to me.
 
I am grateful for the scriptures and how individually tailored they can be to my needs and questions.
 
I am grateful to be faced with challenges and trials--no other way to grow.
 
I am grateful for two beautiful nephews who brighten every day of my life.
 
I am grateful for my health.
 
I am grateful for a bed, for food, for warmth, for clothes on my back and shoes on my feet.
 
I am grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the enabling power of His grace.
 
I am grateful for America, for freedom, for security, for liberty.
 
     The list could go on and on.  I really am grateful for my family, and for my friends.  One of the absolute greatest blessings of my life has been the people in it.  People who I will have forever, and people who briefly come into my life, help me learn something I needed to learn, let me use the gifts I have been blessed with to help them, and then are gone, maybe never to be seen again til Heaven. 
 
I was oh so sick this week.  Cold from Hell, I tell you.  Sorry...can missionaries say that...??  You can edit that out if you want...eh hem.  Anyway, it was quite miserable.  Couldn't breath, couldn't focus, couldn't function.  Wasn't much fun.  To top it off, I had a bit of a melt down.  Little by little, concerns and insecurities creep their way into my mind and heart and then the smallest thing can blow me over.  I had my first priesthood blessing that was a blessing just for the sake of a blessing (as in, not a setting apart, patriarchal, etc.).  The priesthood is real, my friends.  It was such a beautiful thing.  Nothing in my circumstances changed, but suddenly the burden was lighter.  Suddenly that horrible dark cloud around my head was gone, and I could face my problems and struggles with a clear mind. 
 
This week was really awesome in the way of devotionals.  We had an awesome 4th of July celebration on Saturday, complete with a flag ceremony and bagpipes.  Then we got to stay out late and watch the fireworks from Stadium of fire!!  Woot.  My favorite holiday. Family, start planning now for 4th of July 2013--it's gonna be big.  I plan on being in the country for once.  We also had Jenny Oaks Baker come play for us.  She is a world-renowned violinist, as well as the daughter of Elder Dallin H. Oaks.  She was incredible.  Look her up--you will be astounded.  Her three daughters played for us too--cello, violin, and piano (ages 6, 9, and 8 [?] respectively).  So great.  Holy moly, two minutes left.  Curse that timer. 
     C
Can't believe its already pday again and that i only have one more here.  Canada, look out (and get over that dang postal service strike, please) because I'm on my way.  Can't wait.  Only I can.  Because the MTC is awesome.  Except when you have to wait in line for dinner for an HOUR on fast sunday...not fun. 
  
Much love.

No comments: