Monday, January 9, 2012

Sister Fitch: January 2, 2012

Really mad to hear about Mark's recent troubles.  Rrrg.  Trying to have charity and remember that person is a child of God, too.  All will work itself out, I'm sure.
 
So, transfers....I'm staying here!  Hooray!  I got to go to the zone leader council on Friday; they always invite one set of sisters (they actually sent me and sister Palmer, my trainer, since neither of us had been before, so we had a half-day split, our companions spent the day together).  There we got an inside look at the leadership of the mission.  It was really neat, gave me a better appreciation for my leaders and a better understanding of how I can help and support them.  Anyway, we also learned that they would be opening another sisters' area, and all day Saturday I kept thinking they would send me there.  I really wanted to stay in my area, so when my call finally came, I was relieved to hear I would NOT be transferred.  My companion is going home, though, so I will be getting a new one.  I'm training a brand new missionary, and I am super excited.  It'll be a challenge, I'm sure, but I think it is just the challenge I need right now.  I love being a missionary, but I have been in survival mode the last transfer, and I need to get out of it.  President told me my mission is entering a new stage, and to work like a crazy person.  So...here we go!  Turbo mode.  I'm excited.  This morning we hiked Mont Royal to see the sunrise.  It was really beautiful.  We had to get up pretty early, but it was worth it.  Thanks for all the birthday wishes; today we are going to all-you-can-eat sushi as a district to celebrate, since half of us will be leaving with transfers.  I love you all so so much.  Thanks for being so great.  You're the best!
 
Much love,
Han

No comments: