Monday, January 9, 2012

Elder Fitch: January 9, 2012

Life in the Alpalachians.....
WHAT A CHANGE!!!! I honestly feel like I've changed missions. Everything is different. It's incredible. I LOVE it though.  Leaving Montauban was one of the hardest things I've had to deal with yet. I LOVE Montauban. HOWEVER, I can't even say how stoked I am to be here in Chambery! IT. IS. BEAUTIFUL! For times sake I'm going to shorten alpalachians to just alps, ya know cause alps are short for alpalachians. Anyway Chambery is situatated right in the middle of HUGE mountains! The ALPS! I'm used to seeing absolutly nothing. It's so cool to be up high in the alps. Our area is huge, again. The area we are in charge of goes all the way to the boarder of Italy. It's a lot colder here, which is cool. The members here are really great and I'm really looking forward to getting to know them and working with them.
This week has been super good, super long, but good none the less. We've had to go back and forth to the police station a ridiculous amount of times and it's finally been figured out that there really isn't anything that they're going to do. I at least have a statement saying I've lost all my ID so that is kind of acting as my legality. Otherwise I would be deported! which I think would be kinda fun, but it would hinder things.
Ok so super funny story. Saturday night we were walking home and it was super cold and calm and chill. There wasn't anyone around. The skys were clear and you could see the stars, which I'm also not used to seeing. We were walkin along not really saying anything. I was pretty tired, cold, and just kinda lost in thought. WHEN out the bushes randomly pops this little creature halfway resembling a dog. Ok it was a dog. But it's fur was nasty and there was a lot of it. Its head was just this rectangular block of hair. You honeslty could not even see it's face. For whatever reason I thought it was the funniest ugliest thing I had ever seen! I just started laughing and laughing! I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time. Tears were just streaming down my face and I couldn't stop. The dog looked at me and then just kinda went about it's business, which just made me laugh even more. It was hilarious! I thought it was a homeless dog so I felt a little bad for laughing at him like that, but after I stopped laughing and had control of myself it's owner came walking up. WHY would someone EVER let there dog become so ugly!? I don't know, but it was funny......I guess you had to be there.
Well I'm super excited to be here and Im really looking forward to learning somemore. Thanks for everything you guys are great! I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART!

No comments: