Monday, December 19, 2011

Sister Fitch: December 19, 2011

Hello all!  STILL NO SNOW.  Well, we had a light dusting when we woke up this morning, and I think a little is coming down now, but not exactly what I would have expected.  It is bitter, bitter cold, though.  Painful cold.  Might not come home with ears and fingers, cold.  And its only the beginning...temperatures, I am told, will only continue to plunge.  Hooray...?  This week was kind of crazy.  I didn't sleep too well several nights, so I am feeling particularly tired.  Monday night we did our flash mob for FHE.  We sang Hark the Herald Angles sing.  Did I explain it last week?  If you don't know what a flash mob is, try watching one on youtube.  It's pretty fun.  Two people started singing, then a few more joined in, then a few more, then a few more til all fifteen or twenty of us were singing.  We did it a few times in the metro cars, and a few times on the platforms, with half of us on one side and half on the other.  Lots of fun!  There were lots of good reactions, a few not so good.  I know we made at least a few people's day, I'm sure many.  One old man just kept saying, "I was so surprised!"  We've been doing lots of service, lately.  Lots of painting. I like doing service.  I get to wear pants.  We did splits with the other sisters this week, I got to go with my trainer again.  It was lots of fun.  My companion goes home in less that three weeks, and its...hard.  On both of us.  There is just something wearing about listening to someone talk about home and family and school and regular life all the time.  I love her, but in some ways it will be a relief when she goes home!  Hopefully I will get someone younger than me in the mission, so no such talk, no such attitude of "it doesn't matter anymore, this time in three weeks I'll be home" etc.  Its been strange how much it effects both of us, not just her.  Anyway, life is good, good, good.  We have our Christmas party this week.  For Christmas, we all get to skype!  Hooray!!  Then we'll be eating dinner with the Nobles, a wonderful senior couple who we work with in YSA.  Not sure about Christmas Eve, it will probably just be a quite night at home.  All of the YSA go home for Christmas, so no one will be around to invite us over, haha.  Such is life.  Anyway, I better be off.  Much love to you all, can't WAIT to see you!! 
 
Joyeux Noel,
Hanala

No comments: